The new advanced touch screen Christie RF80-M aircraft battery charger / analyzer is the latest evolution of the popular RF80 series which has been the worldwide industry standard for decades. The RF80-M is the first product of its kind to feature an advanced micro-controller with touch-screen display. The RF80-M can be used with lead acid and nickel cadmium aircraft batteries.
Features of RF80-M
- 7 Inch Touch Screen Display
- Optional ABMS-10X PC Interface
- Up to 80 amps ReFLEX Charge, 65 amps CC/CP Charge and 60 amps Discharge
- Manual Mode
- Program Mode
- Constant Current, Constant Potential and ReFLEX charge modes
- Alarm signals at each end of task
- Programmable Alert
- Proven RF80-K Power Section
- DigiFLEX Analysis
- Enhanced safety Features
- CE tested and certified
The Benefits of the RF80-M
- Intuitive, easy to use, and large bright display of volts, amps and time
- Compatible with ABMS-10X Battery Management System for PC control, individual cell monitoring, temp sensing, data-logging, diagnostics and expanded battery processing capabilities
- Fully compatible with all battery manufacturer's component maintenance manuals
- Allows single or multiple charge/discharge tasks to be run in sequence
- Battery parameters may be stored and custom task sequences saved for automatic processing
- The only charger/analyzer offering all 3 charge modes including ReFLEX for fast charging
- Audible alert notifies operator when task is complete
- User may program an alert as a reminder to check or water battery
- Rock solid, reliable design
- Visual indication of battery processing status
- Built-in limits for charge/discharge current values, times and termination
- Complies with international CE safety standards
- 18.55 inches (47.12 cm) wide
- 11 inches (27.94 cm) high
- 21.5 inches (54.61 cm) deep
- Weight: 145 pounds (65.90 kg)
- Case material: Steel
- Front Panel: Steel w/polyester overlay
- Input Voltage: 187 to 250 VAC, single phase
- Frequency: 47 to 63 hertz
- Current: 25 amps maximum
- Power Switch: Opens both sides of line
- Charge ReFLEX: 1-80 amps
- Charge, constant current: 1-65 amps
- Charge, constant potential: 1-65 amps
- Discharge, constant current:1-60 amps
- 7 inch color-resistive touch screen display
- 800 x 480 resolution
- Non-operating: -40F +159F (-40C +71C)
- Operating: -40F +159F (-40C +71C)
2 Year Factory Limited Warranty
You Ask. We Help. Your FAQs on the RF80-M.
Have another question? Just ask us!
What is included with the unit?
The following items are included with brand new units:
Is there calibration or CofC included with a new unit?
- Quick-Connect Output Cable Adapter
- Universal Output Cable Adapter
- Test Lead Set
- TD-711 or TD-650 H Operator's Manual
The new units will come with a CofC and Certificate of Calibration valid for 12 months. A 8130-3 is not included as this is ground support equipment.
What is the difference between the RF80-M and RF80-K?
The new RF80-M replaces the RF80-K model and has the same form, fit and function, but with a 7-inch touch-screen display, advanced micro-controller and expanded functionality. Both the RF80-K and the RF80-M are current production units and both units will be supported from a spares and logistics standpoint indefinitely.
We strongly recommend the RF80-M over the RF80-K because:
- RF80-M is newer
- RF80-M has a 7-inch touch-screen display rather than the analog knobs, switches, and dials used on the RF80-K.
- RF80-M has the same power section as the proven RF80-K.
- RF80-M uses advanced micro-controller where the RF80-K uses older technology components.
- RF80-M is a programmable charger vs. the RF80-K which is a manually controlled.
- RF80-M is upgradable to use with the latest ABMS-10X Battery Management System.
- RF80-M calibration verification can easily be accomplished, much easier and faster than RF80-K calibration verification procedure.
The RF80-M is a better charger if you have a mix of lead acid and ni-cad batteries. The RF80-M has a touchscreen adjustable constant potential voltage set point whereby the RF80-K constant potential voltage set point can only be controlled via internal potentiometer.