Bob Tail EB2-5G Gas Cargo Tractor
Get a Quote or Ask a Question
|Company Name:||Phone: (optional)|
In 1969, the genesis of today's air cargo industry occurred. Eagle was there to answer the airlines' call for an all-weather, high-speed cargo tractor which had not yet been invented. Eagle successfully engineered and developed the Ford F-350 Bob Tail for United Airlines at Detroit Metropolitan Airport. Within two decades, the Eagle Bob Tail had become the narrow and wide-body cargo towing standard used by all North American and British Airlines. In the mid 1990's, some cargo customers tried using industrial tractors, converted to high speed use, as Bob Tail replacements. However, by the early 2000's the converted industrial tractors had demonstrated a track record of unreliability, and excessive driver fatigue and discomfort. Because of these problems with conventional tractors, the Eagle Bob Tail has continued to thrive, and is still the leader in high-speed, long-distance cargo towing today.
Advantages of Eagle Bob Tail Cargo Tractors
- Eagle Tugs was the originator of the Bob Tail design over 45 years ago.
- The Ford F-350, and F-550 Chassis' have an unequaled, commercially-proven, reliable drive train and braking system.
- Ford cabs are ergonomic, comfortable and safe.
- Air Conditioning is standard (can be deleted upon request).
- Rear sight tunnel for direct hitch visibility for the operator.
- Heavy steel plate body and front & rear bumpers, including a heavy tubular grill guard and side protection.
- Unparalleled reliability and factory-direct support is the Eagle Tugs advantage.
- Limited slip differential
- E-hitch or Pintle Hook on rear and/or front of tractor
- Brake pedal safety pad
- Beacon or strobe
- De-activated door locks
- Sliding rear window
- Drive Wheels: 4 Rear
- Drawbar Pull Gas: 5,000 lbf / 22.24 kN
- Towing Capacity*: 55,000 lbs / 24,948 kgs
- Service Weight Gas: 9,900 lbs / 4,491 kgs
- Length: 191 in / 4,851 mm
- Width: 96 in / 2,438 mm
- Height: 81 in / 2,057 mm
- Wheelbase: 104 in / 2,642 mm
- Track: 68 in / 1,727 mm
- Tires (front & rear): 245/75R17E
- Turn Radius (outside): 215 in / 5,461 mm
- Step Height: 15 in / 381 mm
- Ground Clearance: 10 in / 254 mm
- Frame/Body: Ford standard
- Bumper (front/rear): .5" plate steel / 1-3 in (25-76 mm) A36 steel
- Suspension: Springs and shock absorbers over each axle
- Transmission - Automatic: 6 forward / 1 reverse
- Max Speed Governed: 25 mph / 40 kph
- Steering: Hydraulic power-boosted mechanical: self-centering
- Brakes: Hydraulic, self-adjusting split type with accumulator
- Front Brakes: Disc
- Rear Brakes: Disc
- Parking Brake: Foot or lever activated - mechanical to rear brake drums
- Manufacturer: Ford
- Model: V-8
- Rated Output: 385 hp / 287 kW
- Torque: 405 ft-lbs
- Cylinders - Displacement: Eight - 6.2L
- Fuel Tank: 35 gal / 132.5 liters
- Air Cleaner: Severe environment, heavy duty, dry replacement element
- System: 12 Volt
- Alternator: 157 amp
- Battery (cold crank): 650 CCA
- Ignition: Keyed
- Lights: Halogen headlights / combination brake, tail and back-up
- Instruments: Oil pressure, water temperature and fuel gauges / hourmeter, voltmeter and electric horn
We sell parts for the EB2-5G and other items like it at our facility. Not sure exactly what part you need? Just describe it or send us a photo and we will research it for you.
We can purchase your used EB2-5G (or similar GSE items like it) and apply it as a credit for new GSE, or buy it outright directly.