JetGo 550Mti-RJ 28V DC Diesel Aircraft Ground Power Unit (GPU)
This item has been discontinued or is no longer available.
What is the JetGo 550Mti-Rj?
The JetGo 550Mti-RJ is a 28.5V DC diesel-hydrid aircraft ground power unit that provides 550 amps continuous and 2300 amps peak for starting. It is a lightweight, compact unit for portability on the ramp. It is a great solution for aircraft maintenance, electrical, air conditioning, and aircraft engine starting. The 550Mti-RJ features a heavy duty galvanized rust-proof trailer and cable tray.
- 550 continuous amps at 28.5 volts DC
- 2300 peak amp start capability
- Kubota 4-cylinder turbo-diesel engine
- EPA Tier 4i and EU Stage IIIA emissions compliant
- Aircraft over and under voltage protection with optional added soft-start capabilities
- Efficient fuel consumption: 0.8-1.5 gallons (3-6 liters) per hour (depending on load and atmospheric conditions)
- Extremely quiet: Less than 63db at 20 feet (at full load)
- Includes 30-foot MS3506 military spec output cable with standard NATO aircraft plug
FeaturesSimple Automated Operation
- One-button start/stop system
- Automatic ramp-up/cool-down turbo protection system
- Generous cable storage in our rear cable tray
- Clearly placed, easy to understand operating instructions
Aircraft Protection Systems
- 28.5V DC auto stabilization (no adjustments ever required by operators)
- Over Voltage aircraft protection - with fault indicator light
- Under Voltage protection provided by Hybrid-Battery pack at 24V DC
- Simple contactor on/off switch with indicator
- Aircraft Engine Hot Start Protection: 24V starting power remains in hybrid batteries in event of engine fault
- Low profile provides excellent view of aircraft and cable connection to the aircraft
- All rounded edges greatly limit the potential for aircraft and unit damage
Automated Engine Protection Systems
- Low Fuel shutdown: prevents an unnecessary trip to your maintenance department to bleed dry injectors
- High engine temp shut down
- Low oil pressure shut down
- Low coolant level alert
- Emergency shutdown button
- Cold weather kit- protects engine and hybrid batteries from frigid winter temperatures
- LED Spotlight â€“ illuminate your work area for added safety
- 115V AC Duplex convenience outlets to operate vacuums, lights, etc. - even our Flagro heater option
- Flagro 390,000 BTU heater â€“ diesel or JetA fired portable unit (runs off 115V inverter)
- 12/14V DC Option: separate cable, contactor and volt gauge
- Break-away DC aircraft cable for added protection
- Additional options available for other specific applications
Built to Last
- Heavy-duty galvanized rust-proof trailer with 5th wheel steering
- Robust Marine-grade fiberglass enclosure: fade-resistant UV rated and fire rated for safety and durability
- Stainless steel hardware provides a rust and corrosion free chassis
- Heavy-duty running gear rated to 4,000 lbs. and featuring a towbar-actuated braking system
- No-maintenance LED control panel and side safety running lights illuminate when unit is operating
- 12 month manufacturers limited warranty
- Kubota diesel engine: 2 years/2000 hours engine limited warranty with a 3 year/3000 hour engine component limited warranty
- NorthStar Battery: 24 month manufacturers limited warranty
California Low-Emission Regulations JetGo Tier 4i low-emission nonroad diesel ground power units are exempt from both California Local Air District permits and the California Airborne Toxic Control Measure for Diesel Particulate Matter. The Kubota engines used are rated at less than 50 Horsepower and are therefore not regulated by California statutes.
Available OptionsWhen requesting a quote, please specify which options you would like.
JG550-01-425 - Custom Color
Custom color option for JetGo units. We will work with you to design a JetGo unit around your custom color pallette.
JG550-01-426 - Bumper Kit
Bumper kit for JetGo units. Includes 4 protective corner bumpers.
JG550-01-428 - Cold Weather Kit
Cold weather kit for all series of JetGo diesel Hybrid units. Includes engine block heater, two aircraft start battery blanket warmers, and one Optima engine start battery with warmer blanket. Requires 15Amp 115V service.
JG550-01-429-24V - 115V or 220V Receptacle
115V or 220V AC convenience receptacle for all series of JetGo diesel-hybrid units. Includes 115V or 220V AC control panel with duplex 20 amp GFI receptacles (3,500 watt rating). Allows user to power devices such as vacuums, power tools, lighting, laptop computers, and more. Customer must specify 115V or 220V AC option when ordering.
JG550-01-430 - Engine Block Heater
Engine block heater for all series JetGo diesel-hybrid units.
JG550-01-432 - LED Spotlight
12V LED mounted spotlight.
JG550-01-433 - Low Fuel Warning Strobe Light
Low fuel warning strobe light for all JetGo diesel-hybrid models, red color (other color options available). 10-15 minute engine shutdown delay.
JG550-01-434 - Dual Output Option
Dual output option for JetGo units. Includes secondary contactor and one (1) 2/0 40' output cable for avionics support and continuous power functions under 200 amps. This option is in addition to the 4/0 starting and continuous power output cable that is standard on JetGo GPUs.
JG550-01-435 - Laptop Computer Tray
Laptop computer auxiliary tray for JetGo GPUs.
JG550-01-445 - Breakaway Cable
Breakaway 30' 4/0 DC GPU cable with molded aircraft plug. Includes 3-pole DC cable assembly with 2 each 4/0 cables (overall length: 30'); 3-pole DC pigtail (breakaway section) with 2 each 4/0 cables (overall length 3') with water tight male receptacle.
JG550-01-446 - Wheel Chocks
Onboard/dedicated 12" wheel chock set. Secured to unit for storage in RJ unit cable tray via stainless steel lanyard.
JG550-01-448 - 12/14 VDC Option
12/14 VDC output option for JetGo GPUs. 875 AMP peak. Separate volt meter and contactor (with switch). 20' 1/0 DC output cable with standard aircraft plug (color coded and labeled for 12 VDC).
|Pkg. 1 Weight||2390 lbs.|
|Pkg. 1 Dimensions||121 in. x 50 in. x 61 in.|
We sell parts for the 550Mti-RJ and other items like it at our facility. Not sure exactly what part you need? Just describe it or send us a photo and we will research it for you.