Used TIC T-49C Transponder and TCAS Test Set
We sell many used items as soon as they come in because we send an email alert to customers who need the item first.
Alert me on:
Only this item Any functionally equivalent used item
Your Email Address:
First and Last Name:
The used TIC T-49C provides test capability for Traffic and Collision Avoidance Systems (TCAS) and Transponders. (Modes A, C, and S). The T-49C is supplied with a single, TAP-135 antenna coupler.
- Test set automatically determines the capability of transponder being tested (ATCRBS or Mode S) and selects appropriate tests
- Test set can be selected for automatic sequencing or manual selection of individual transponder tests
- Test set supplied with TAP-135 Antenna Coupler, Omni-Directional Antenna, and Directional Antenna (Mounted in case lid)
- Tests TCAS I, TCAS II, and Traffic Advisory Systems with Mode C Interrogations Simulates distance and various altitudes above and below aircraft under test (AUT):
- Same altitude as AUT
- 200 ft. above/below AUT
- 4,000 ft. above/below AUT
- 10,000 ft. above/below AUT
- Descending from +3,500 above to -3,500 ft. below AUT
- Allows simulation of ATCRBS or Mode S intruder
- Automatically obtains the Transponder Under Test Altitude (When Operating)
Transponder Tests Performed and SpecificationsThe T-49C performs the following tests based on the capabilities of the transponder under test:
- Mode A - ID code, IDENT, percent reply,F1, F2, data pulse spacing, and pulse width
- Mode C - Altitude (feet and grey code), percent reply F1, F2, data pulse spacing, and pulse width
- Side-lobe suppression (SLS) - Tests at P1/P2=0 and P1/P2 = -9 dB
- Mode A/S and C/S All Call - Mode S address, percent reply
- Mode A Only and Mode C Only
- Mode S Surveillance I.D. (DF5) - Mode S address, percent reply, flight status (Air, Ground, Alert, SPI), Mode S/Mode A I.D. code compare (Automatic mode)
- Mode S Surveillance Altitude (DF4) - Mode S altitude, percent reply Mode S/Mode C altitude compare (Automatic mode)
- Mode S Surveillance Short (DF0) - Mode S address, vertical status (Air, ground), percent reply, decoded country code, decoded tail number (if applicable)
- Mode S Comm. I.D. (UF5/DF21) - Mode S ID code, percent reply
- Mode S Comm. Altitude (UF4/DF20) - Mode S altitude, percent reply
- Undesired replies (UF11) - Checks for reply to incorrect Mode S interrogation
- Acquisition squitter - Pass/Fail indication of squitter period, decoded Mode S address, interrogator code
- Extended squitter - Pass/Fail indication of squitter period, decoded Mode S address
- Max Airspeed - Decodes and displays maximum airspeed
- Diversity - Displays Pass/Fail indication of RF leakage through Mode S transponder
- Measures and displays transponder power (dBm or watts), frequency, and receiver sensitivity
- Decodes and displays Flight I.D.
- Decodes and displays Mode S address in Octal and Hex
TCAS Tests Performed and SpecificationsThe T-49C allows testing of TCAS I, TCAS II and Traffic Advisory Systems. The T-49C allows the test set operator to simulate ATCRBS and Mode S intruders.
Front panel controls allow the operator to select intruder parameters including:
- Distance: Intruder moves from 14 to 1 NMI (intruder can be stopped and re-started)
- Velocity: 300 kts.
- Altitude offsets from aircraft under test: 0, + 200, +4,000, +10,000 ft.
- Crossing altitude scenario: Intruder moves from 3,500 ft. above to 3,500 ft. below aircraft under test
- Packaging - MIL-PRF-28800, Style C
- Size: 14.5 x 9.4 x 6.5 inches
- Weight: 19 pounds
- Operating Temperature: -30 degrees to +55 degrees C
- Battery Operation: 8 hours at 20% Duty Cycle
- AC Operation/Charging: 100-120 VAC, 50-400 Hz (Optional - 200 to 240 VAC)