Eagle XL-40 Commercial Aircraft Tug - 26,000 lbs DBP - 40,000 lbs Service Weight
Get a Quote or Ask a Question
|Company Name:||Phone: (optional)|
The Eagle XL-40 is in the largest series of Eagle aircraft tugs. The XL-40 features four wheel drive, four wheel steer power train, and offers superior functionality for moving all "single-aisle" aircraft in all weather conditions. It is front operated which can accommodate an operator and up to 2 passengers.
The XL-40 is is powered by a T4i diesel engine for use with ultra-low sulfur diesel fuel (ULSD). It is also available with a T3 diesel engine where only high-sulfur diesel fuel is available.
This commercial aircraft tug is loaded with standard features to help you meet all of your aircraft handling requires and needs.
- Up to 40,000 lbs. GVW to handle aircraft up to a B757 in all weather conditions.
- Four Wheel Drive power train, providing safe, controlled traction on all surface conditions.
- Standard switchable-steering between Four Wheel and Crab Steering for superior maneuverability of and around aircraft.
- Several safety features designed in to the XL Series to ensure safe operation.
- Powered by either T4i or T3 diesel engines to meet your fuel availability.
- Ergonomic front-operator compartment that accommodates up to 3 people.
- Low-profile design that allows operators to safely and efficiently handle aircraft.
- Designed with carefully matched components, resulting in minimal or no unscheduled maintenance or repair, and is backed by an industry-leading 3-yr/3,000-hr warranty.
- Unparalleled reliability and factory-direct service and support is the Eagle Tugs advantage.
- Eagle Tugs has over 40 years of experience designing, building and supporting reliable tow tractors
Standard Features for XL-40
- Four Wheel Drive
- Four Wheel or Crab Steering
- Three-person Seating
- Front and Rear Wet-disc Brakes
- Low Oil/High Temp Protection System
- Low Coolant Protection System
- "Hot Shift" Transmission Protection
- Emergency Stop
- Built-in Marker/Strobe Lights
- 12V Accessory Outlet
- Front and Rear Multi-level Hitch
- Custom Paint Scheme
- Drive Wheels: 2 Front / 2 Rear
- Drawbar Pull: 26,000 lbf / 116 kN
- Towing Capacity*: 360,000 lbs / 163,293 kgs
- Service Weight: 40,000 lbs / 18,144 kgs
- Optional Cab - Add: 850 lbs / 386 kgs
- Length: 201 in / 5,105 mm
- Width: 99 in / 2,515 mm
- Height (deck): 52 in / 1,321 mm
- Height w/ cab (option): 84 in / 2,134 mm
- Wheelbase: 91 in / 2,311 mm
- Track: 83 in / 2,108 mm
- Tires (front & rear): 315/80R22.5
- Step Height: 21 in / 533 mm
- Ground Clearance: 9 in / 228 mm
- Frame: A36 steel: 2 in / 51 mm
- Bumper (front/rear): A36 steel: 1.5 in / 38 mm (front); 4 in / 101.6 mm (rear)
- Suspension: Rigid (front); Trunnion (rear)
- Number of Speeds: 3 forward / 3 reverse
- Max Speed: 19 mph / 30 kph
- Steering: Hydraulic 4-wheel coordinated
- Brakes: Wet Disc (front & rear)
- Parking Brakes: Mechanical Dry Disc (rear axle)
- Manufacturer: Deutz
- Model: TCD 3.6L Interim Tier4
- Rated Output @ 2800 rpm: 120 HP / 89 kW
- Torque @ 2800 rpm: 354 ft lbs / 480 Nm
- Cylinders - Displacement: 4 Cylinder / 3.6 L
- Fuel Tank: 30 gallons / 114 liters
- Air Cleaner: Severe environment, heavy duty, dry replacement element
- System: 12 Volt
- Alternator: 95 amp
- Battery (cold crank): Dual 650 amp
- Ignition: Keyed with anti-restart
- Lights: 12V LED Long Life
- Instruments: Dual-unit digital back-lit display offering engine diagnostics and full instrumentation
We sell parts for the XL-40 and other items like it at our facility. Not sure exactly what part you need? Just describe it or send us a photo and we will research it for you.
We can purchase your used XL-40 (or similar GSE items like it) and apply it as a credit for new GSE, or buy it outright directly.