The Malabar 8901 universal rapid deployment jack set consists of two pallet racks, each with two Model 8902 Variable Height Tripod Jacks per pallet rack, for a total of four tripod jacks. The kit is attached to two 88 inch x 125-inch standard air cargo pallets (supplied by others). The Malabar Model 8902 Variable Height Tripod Jacks are 80-ton capacity, two-stage hydraulic jacks designed primarily for use in aircraft maintenance. Each jack consists of a tripod structure, hydraulic cylinder assembly, reservoir, valve block assembly, hand pump assembly, air pump, adjustable swivel feet, tow handle, and swivel casters. Leg extensions, medium braces, long braces, stinger, stinger extension, a ladder, and tools are supplied for erecting each jack in all positions.
The jackleg pads are raised off the ground with the spring-loaded swivel casters. The casters will retract and the pads rest on the ground when a load is applied to the jack.
- Four Model 8902 tripod jacksTwo pallet racks
- Two 15” x 30” x 21-1/4 storage boxes
- One B777 tail jack extender
- All unpainted parts are plated to resist corrosion
- Skydrol resistant paint (yellow)
- One year standard warranty
- Pallet racks securely store jacks and are ready to be transported on standard 88” x 125” air cargo pallets
- Toggle clamps, quick release pins, and bungee cords are easily removed to rapidly deploy jacks
8902 Position 4 Specifications
- Rated Capacity: 80 tons (72.6 m. tons)
- Position 4 Side Load: 15% of vertical load
- Position 4 Roll Under Height: 156.5 inches (3975 mm)
- Position 4 Low Height: 155 inches (3937 mm)
- Hydraulic Lift: 76 inches (1930 mm)
- Extension Screw: 15 inches (381 mm)
- Position 4 total Extended Height: 246 inches (6248 mm)
- Oil Pressure at Rated Capacity: 3622 psig (255 kg/sq cm)
- Safety Pop-off Valves
- System Relief Valve set at 88 tons (79.8 m. tons)
- Thermal Relief Valve set at 100 tons (90.7 m. tons)
- Proof Load: 120 tons (108.9 m. tons)
- Reservoir Capacity: 23 gallons (87 liters)
- Hydraulic Fluid: MIL-PRF-5606 or equivalent Maximum towing Speed: 5 mph (8 km/h)
- Position 4 Jack Net Weight Dry: 4200 lbs (1905 kg)
Jack Set Weights
*Weight includes optional Portable Load Gauge Kit and Air Cargo Pallet
- Pallet Rack without B777 Tail Jack Extender Net Weight*
- Dry: 8715 lbs (3953 kg)
- Wet: 9060 lbs (4110 kg)
- Pallet Rack with B777 Tail Jack Extender Net Weight*
- Dry: 8780 lbs (3983 kg)
- Wet: 9125 lbs (4139 kg)
- Optional Jack Extender Kit pallet Rack Net Weight: 3500 lbs (1588 kg)
Model 8902 Typical Aircraft Applications
**Please review the image on the listing with aircraft application data. Notes are below.
*Requires use of Jack Extender Kit Option (P/N 890110) for A330/340/350.
- Select Malabar Model 7210B for MD80/90 auxiliary Nose Jack Point.
- Limit aircraft gross weight to 362,500 lbs or 94% of max gross weight for jacking.
- Install 14” Extender for Tail Jack and limit aircraft gross weight to 350,000 lbs or 75% of max gross weight for jacking.
- Limit aircraft gross weight to 340,000 lbs or 72% of max gross weight for jacking.
- Select Jack Extender Kit and install 22” Extender for Tail Jack and limit aircraft gross weight to 324,600 lbs or 96% of max gross weight for jacking.
- Select Jack Extender Kit and install 22” Extender for Tail Jack and limit aircraft gross weight to 335,900 lbs or 93% of max gross weight for jacking.
Optional Equipment Codes
- JEK: Jack extender Kit P/N 890110 (suitable for three jacks)
- LGK: Portable Load Gauge Kit P/N 890215
- NBCP: 88” x 125” Air Cargo Pallet P/N 499-171 (specify two or three pallets)
- SPC: Special Paint Color (yellow is standard)
NOTE: Unless otherwise specified, Model 8901 two-piece jack set is shipped in the set-up condition. Refer to Malabar Tripod Jack Shipping Supplement for additional packaging information.
- Length: 125 inches (3175 mm)
- Width: 88 inches (2235 mm)
- Height: 64.5 inches (1638 mm)
- Total Set Weight: 17495 lbs (7936 kg)