Jetporter JP100SSC SoftCapture Electric Aircraft Tug
Get a Quote or Ask a Question
|Company Name:||Phone: (optional)|
JETporter JP100SSC - Soft Capture Tow up to 100,000 lbs
Ground Support Worldwide Product of the Year - View ArticleThe JP100SSC SOFTCAPTURE tug is equipped with the patented SOFTCAPTURE cradle which allows the tug operator to safely capture aircraft from the driver's seat without the use of straps on the strut or any part of the nose landing gear. This saves time and money by allowing you to move aircraft without getting off the tug. The SOFTCAPTURE mechanism eliminates the negative "strap capture" events so common when the strap is wrapped around the strut. The unit is designed to fit most common dual nose-wheel aircraft.
- Connect to the aircraft nose landing gear from the driver's cockpit or at the fender next to the aircraft nose landing gear (NLG)
- All contact is made on the aircraft NLG tires only, no contact or straps on the oleo strut or NLG
- Designed to fit most common dual nose-wheel aircraft
- JP100SSC - Two - 10 HP continuous duty drive motors coupled directly to brake/torque hub results in fewer moving parts (no chains)
- Proportional drive with steering position sensor
- Battery charge indicator with hourmeter
- Fully automated, multi-tap battery charger
- 16 - 6 volt batteries
- Rear suspension system compensates for uneven ramp surface, dampens transmitted vibration for passengers, crew and operator
- Power steering
- Heavy duty long life torque hubs
- Regenerative dynamic motor braking for long battery life and very smooth deceleration
- Redundant hydraulic service foot brake
- Automatic parking brake
- Solid rubber tires
- 10 micron hydraulic system filtration
- Covered storage compartments with rubberized coating on aluminum diamond deck cover
- Headlights and rear facing lights
- Strobe light and side marker lights
- JP100SSC - Head set junction box
- JP100SSC - Rear view mirror
- Finish: Durable Powder Coat Tronair Blue
- Custom colors and graphics (customer logo) available
- Throttle speed limit safety switch reduces unit speed when approaching the aircraft with cradle down
- Forward motion safety switch disengages the throttle when the forward motion safety bar contacts the aircraft nose tire, this prevents the operator from pushing on the nose tire
- The gate lock and cradle locator safety switch locates the cradle and stops the "cradle down" movement when the cradle is lowered to the ground, the gate lock prevents "cradle open" movement when the cradle is up
- The parking brake release safety switch allows the unit to "roll" during the capture so the aircraft doesn't move, the hydraulic foot brake remains functional at all times
- JP100SSC - Controlled acceleration and deceleration foot pedal operated throttle
- Emergency stop
- Fire extinguisher
US Airways Express was Tronair's first customer to use the JP100SSC SOFTCAPTURE® tug. They put the units through the paces at busy Reagan National Airport, Washington, D.C. and quickly became avid supporters of the tug.
"I have been impressed with Tronair's ability to engineer this device to meet the design requirements and provide the documentation necessary to gain carrier approvals…"
"Tronair has been fully invested in their customer's satisfaction and nothing has stood in their way of keeping units operational and in service…They have provided excellent support to our operation and they have been readily available to assist us with any concerns regarding the operation and maintenance of the JETporter SOFTCAPTURE® units…"
"For the first time a GSE manufacturer has brought an interesting product down to our Express world. It is our pushback operator's tug of choice…"
JP100s Video Overview:
PricePlease use contact form above or call by phone to request a quote!
Lead TimePlease request a quote.
|JP75SC||Discontinued or no longer available|
|Cradle Capacity||10,000 (4,536) lb (kg)|
|Height||39 (98.4) in (cm)|
|Length||209 (530.9) in (cm)|
|Max Aircraft Weight||100,000 (45,359) lb (kg)|
|Speed Empty||7 (11.3) mph (kph)|
|Speed Full Load||3 (4.8) mph (kph)|
|Weight||7,000 (3,175) lb (kg)|
|Width||70 (177.8) in (cm)|
|Bombardier (Business)||Challenger 605 (CL605), Challenger 850|
|Bombardier (Regional)||CRJ100, CRJ1000, CRJ200, CRJ700, CRJ705, CRJ900, Dash 8-100, Dash 8-200, Dash 8-300, Dash 8-400|
|Embraer||ERJ-135, ERJ-145, Legacy 600, Legacy 650|
|Gulfstream||G350, G450, G500, G550, G650, II, III, IV, IVSP, V, VSP|
As an authorized Tronair Distributor, we sell factory OEM parts for the JP100SSC. Not sure exactly what part you need? Just describe it or send us a photo and we will research it for you if needed.
We can purchase your used JP100SSC (or similar GSE items like it) and apply it as a credit for new GSE, or buy it outright directly.