Foxcart 1600 28 VDC Aircraft Ground Power Unit (GPU)
In addition to selling this item as new, we also have used or refurbished of this item in stock (subject to prior sale).
Get a Quote or Ask a Question
Do you need a 3 phase 60 HZ or 50 HZ unit?
Do you want the 18" riser option?
|Company Name:||Phone: (optional)|
This Foxcart ground power unit comes in both 50Hz and 60Hz power options, both of which need 3-phase power from your hanger or local facility.
The Foxcart is designed to provide smooth, high-current DC power to aircraft during engine starts or ground maintenance. The Foxcart ground power unit, when used as an external DC source, eliminates or minimizes excessive current drain from the aircraft's battery and battery-relay contacts. It is also designed as a low-profile unit that requires minimum ventilation and is easily moved in a crowded hangar by one person.
- Voltage: 208V, 220V/230V, 240V/250V, 380V, 440V/480V, 3Ø, -5% +10% (Specify manual tap setting at time of order)
- Frequency: 50 or 60Hz ± 10%
- Phase Rotation: Any
- Protection: Overcurrent, Short Circuit
- Inrush Current: No greater than 100% of Full Load Current
- 50Hz Config: 600 Amps
- 60Hz Config: 800 Amps
- Engine Start Capacity
- 50Hz Config: 1200 Amps for 10 Seconds
- 60Hz Config: 1600 Amps for 10 Seconds
- Voltage Output: 28VDC, 2 Wire, Grounded Negative
- Voltage Adjustment: 28VDC ±10%
- Input Circuit Breaker
- Indoor / Outdoor Use (Repair Shop / Ramp Area)
- Output Voltage and Current Monitoring
- Front Panel Voltage Adjust (7 Positions)
- Input / Output Cable Handle Storage
- Output Current Meter Scale Select
- Reverse Current Indicator
- Output Voltage on Indicator
- Acoustical Noise < 65 dBA
- Maximum at 5 Feet (1.5m)
- Temperature Range -40°C to +55°C
- EMI / RFI Compatible with Aircraft Systems
- Relative Humidity 0 - 95%, Non-Condensing
- Ingress of Water IP23
Meets or Exceeds
- ISO 461-1/2
- ISO 1540
- ISO 6858
Foxcart Ground Power Unit Overview
The Foxcart is enclosed in an all-steel chassis frame with a three-piece steel box siding. There are handles at each end to move it. The power cables can be wrapped around the handles or coiled on top for storage. The wheels can be locked in place to prevent movement. Both power cables are clamped internally to the frame for strain relief. The controls marked â€œoptionalâ€ are not included in the standard Foxcart unless ordered by the customer.
Foxcart / Unitron aircraft ground power units warrants each new Foxcart Mark II Series to be free of defects in material and workmanship, under normal use and service for one year from date of shipment. Subject to change.
Dimensions (Including Handles)
Standard Model Foxcart: Length 50.50", Width 30.00", Height 31.50"
With Terrain Wheels: Length 50.50", Width 30.00", Height 38.00"
Please request options at the time of the quote request.
- Soft Start
- Limits Starting Current to 1100 AMPS to protect engine starters and starter drive that require this feature
- Softstart provided current limiting during engine starts to prevent over-torquing starter motors and starter drive mechanism during starts. Use this option only if your aircraft requires it. During a Softstart, the Foxcart produces about 20% or more of the current needed for a start and the Aircraft batteries supply the remaining current. If the Aircraft design maintains the ship's batteries on line, the FOXCART will supply all the power. After the start, if the FOXCART is left on line long enough, it will recharge the Aircraft batteries.
- Terrain Wheels
- 100' AC Input Cable
- Water Proofing - See You Ask. We Help. Section Below for More Info on this Option
18 Inch Riser Option
Please request this option at the time of the quote.
What is the 18 Inch Riser Kit Option?
The new 18-inch riser kit is to be fully compliant with safety regulations of the hangar environment. This well-known "18-inch rule" requires there be no electrical connection allowed within the 18-inch area above the hangar floor known as a Class 1, Division 2 area. This area is considered to be hazardous because fumes from spilled jet fuel may not yet have dispersed sufficiently to avoid ignition were an arch to occur; in this context, from a loose electrical connection within a mobile power unit (GPU or Cart). For a more thorough explanation of this ruling, one can reference Article 513 of the NEC and EN 60079-10 of the European Standard.
You Ask. We Help. Your FAQs for the Foxcart 1600
What kind of input voltage is required for the Foxcart 1600?
3 phase voltage is required to operate the 1600 model. There are two models available for either 60 HZ or 50 HZ voltage. Most of North and South America are 60 HZ. Some European and Asian countries are 50 HZ power.
I live in the states and have 480V input voltage. If I ever need to change it, can I?
These units are multi-tappable so you can change the input voltage easily if you ever switch hangars or change to another 3 phase input voltage. It can easily be configured inside of the unit by following instructions that are placarded on the unit or in the manual.
What electrical plug is installed on the input cable?
No, there is not a plug on the input cable. You will need to install the correct plug that works with your outlet in the hangar. If you need assistance in determining your plug, please ask our GSE team.
After talking to our electrician, we only have asingle phase input voltage. Will this unit work?
No, the Foxcart 1600 is strictly for 3 phase input voltage. You can view info on the Foxcart 1200 for the single-phase input voltage unit.
What is the difference in output amps between the Foxcart 1600 and single phase Foxcart 1200?
The Foxcart 1600 is able to provide more amps with 800 amps continuous and 1600 max amps for starting. While the Foxcart 1200 can only produce 600 amps continuous and 1200 max amps for starts.
I need up to 2000 amps max for starting? Is there a Foxcart unit that will handle this?
Yes, the Foxcart 2000 will provide up to 1000 amps continuous and 2000 amps max. You can view info and specs on the Foxcart 2000.
How are these units shipped?
All Foxcarts are shipped in a crate via a LTL Freight carrier. You will need a forklift or other means to unload the crate from the truck. If you need a lift gate on the truck to unload the unit, please advise when requesting a quote.
Is there a NEMA Rating / IP Code?
The IP Code is 52. The Foxcart has louvers and the bottom is open for air flow.
Is there a waterproof option?
Yes, the extra weatherproofing is a coating for the internal components only. It is sprayed on after the final testing. However, it does not stop water from entering the unit. If you would like this option quoted, please advise at the time of quote.
|1600-60HZ||60 Hz Version|
|FC1600-1||Alternative Model Number|
|M1600||Alternate Part Number|
|Pkg. 1 Weight||750 lbs.|
|Pkg. 1 Dimensions||35 in. x 35 in. x 42 in.|
|Pkg. 1 Type||Crate|
We service the 1600 and other items like it at our facility.
We sell parts for the 1600 and other items like it at our facility. Not sure exactly what part you need? Just describe it or send us a photo and we will research it for you.
We provide short-term and long-term rentals for the 1600. We will ship the item directly to you and arrange for pickup at the end of your lease.
We can purchase your used 1600 (or similar GSE items like it) and apply it as a credit for new GSE, or buy it outright directly.