JetGo 550Mti 28V DC Diesel Aircraft Ground Power Unit (GPU)
What is the JetGo 550Mti?
The JetGo 550Mti is a diesel-electric hybrid ground power unit for powering aircraft with 28.5V DC requirements. The lightweight and extremely portable 550Mti provides 550 amps continuous power for avionics, maintenance, and air conditioning on the ramp along with providing up to 2300 amps max for starting.
These units are great for corporate flight operations, FBOs, military, regional airlines, and aircraft Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (MRO) facilities.
- 550 continuous amps at 28.5 volts DC
- 2300 peak amp start capability
- Kubota four cylinder turbo-diesel engine
- EPA Tier 4i and EU Stage IIIA emissions compliant
- Soft-start and onboard aircraft protection
- Efficient fuel consumption: 0.8-1.5 gallons (3-6 liters) per hour (depending on load and atmospheric conditions)
- Extremely quiet: Less than 63db at 20 feet (at full load)
- Includes 30-foot MS3506 military spec output cable with standard NATO aircraft plug
- One-button starting system
- Can be used without engine operating as a hangar static cart, producing 24 volts for maintenance functions
- Easy to move into service position by hand - only 1,367 lbs/620 kg (dry)
- Can be towed with heavy-duty front-mounted failsafe extendable towing bar
- "Easybrake" foot activated braking system and auto brake-release
- JetGo's trademarked "Zero Bleed" auto shutdown low fuel protection feature will shut down engine before running out of fuel, saving costly and timely fuel line bleeding procedures
- 24V starting power remains in hybrid batteries even if engine shuts down due to inadequate fuel supply (preventing hot starts)
- Large control panel with easy to read voltage & amp meters with bright contactor "ON" light
- LED safety running lights illuminate when unit is operating
- Custom engineered fiberglass shell with rounded edges reduces the potential for aircraft damage should unplanned contact occur
- Marine grade shell and stainless steel hardware provide corrosion protection for any operating environment
- Durable powder coated tubular steel chassis
- Stainless mesh openings for airflow keep out unwanted guests and foreign objects
California EmissionsJetGo Tier 4i low-emission nonroad diesel GPUs are exempt from both California Local Air District permits and the California Airborne Toxic Control Measure for Diesel Particulate Matter. The Kubota engines are rated at less than 50 HP, and they are not regulated by California statutes.
- 74â€ L x 42â€ W x 45â€ H (188 x 106.7 x 114.3 cm)
- Weight (without fuel): 1,367 lbs (621.4 kg)
- 12 month manufacturers limited warranty
- Kubota diesel engine: 2 years/2000 hours engine limited warranty with a 3 year/3000 hour engine component limited warranty
- NorthStar Battery: 24 month manufacturers limited warranty
Available OptionsWhen requesting a quote, please specify which options you would like.
JG550-01-425 - Custom Color
Custom color option for JetGo units. We will work with you to design a JetGo unit around your custom color pallette.
JG550-01-426 - Bumper Kit
Bumper kit for JetGo units. Includes 4 protective corner bumpers.
JG550-01-428 - Cold Weather Kit
Cold weather kit for all series of JetGo diesel Hybrid units. Includes engine block heater, two aircraft start battery blanket warmers, and one Optima engine start battery with warmer blanket. Requires 15Amp 115V service.
JG550-01-429-24V - 115V or 220V Receptacle
115V or 220V AC convenience receptacle for all series of JetGo diesel-hybrid units. Includes 115V or 220V AC control panel with duplex 20 amp GFI receptacles (3,500 watt rating). Allows user to power devices such as vacuums, power tools, lighting, laptop computers, and more. Customer must specify 115V or 220V AC option when ordering.
JG550-01-430 - Engine Block Heater
Engine block heater for all series JetGo diesel-hybrid units.
JG550-01-432 - LED Spotlight
12V LED mounted spotlight.
JG550-01-433 - Low Fuel Warning Strobe Light
Low fuel warning strobe light for all JetGo diesel-hybrid models, red color (other color options available). 10-15 minute engine shutdown delay.
JG550-01-434 - Dual Output Option
Dual output option for JetGo units. Includes secondary contactor and one (1) 2/0 40' output cable for avionics support and continuous power functions under 200 amps. This option is in addition to the 4/0 starting and continuous power output cable that is standard on JetGo GPUs.
JG550-01-435 - Laptop Computer Tray
Laptop computer auxiliary tray for JetGo GPUs.
JG550-01-445 - Breakaway Cable
Breakaway 30' 4/0 DC GPU cable with molded aircraft plug. Includes 3-pole DC cable assembly with 2 each 4/0 cables (overall length: 30'); 3-pole DC pigtail (breakaway section) with 2 each 4/0 cables (overall length 3') with water tight male receptacle.
JG550-01-446 - Wheel Chocks
Onboard/dedicated 12" wheel chock set. Secured to unit for storage in RJ unit cable tray via stainless steel lanyard.
JG550-01-448 - 12/14 VDC Option
12/14 VDC output option for JetGo GPUs. 875 AMP peak. Separate volt meter and contactor (with switch). 20' 1/0 DC output cable with standard aircraft plug (color coded and labeled for 12 VDC).
You Ask. We Help. Your FAQs.
Will leaving the JetGo outside in the hot sun hurt the unit?
The only harm from the sun would be the fading of the orange casing. If it is intense sunlight, you can use marine wax that will help protect the casing from any fading.
|550Mti-RJ||Galvanized rust-proof trailer and integrated cable tray|
|Pkg. 1 Weight||1750 lbs.|
|Pkg. 1 Dimensions||79 in. x 52 in. x 56 in.|
We sell parts for the 550Mti and other items like it at our facility. Not sure exactly what part you need? Just describe it or send us a photo and we will research it for you.