Malabar 714A 12 Ton Tripod Jack
Get a Quote or Ask a Question
|Company Name:||Phone: (optional)|
The Malabar 714A is a 12-ton capacity, single stage hydraulic jack designed primarily
for use in aircraft maintenance. It consists of a tripod structure, hydraulic cylinder/reservoir assembly, adjustable
hand pump, and swivel casters.
The jack leg pads are raised off the ground by spring loaded casters. The casters will retract and the pads rest on the ground when a load is applied to the jack.
- Manual hand pump with high, medium and low pressure operating positions
- Heavy duty swivel casters
- Rain hat (covers jack upper head)
- Hard chrome plated cylinder bore
- All unpainted parts are plated to resist corrosion
- Skydrol resistant paint (safety yellow)
- Factory proof load @ 150% of rated capacity
- Rated Capacity: 12 tons (10.9 m. tons)
- Side Load: 15% of vertical load
- Roll Under Height: add 1 inch (25mm) to low heights
- Low Height: 60 inches (1524 mm)
- Low Height with 36” Leg Extension: 96 inches (2438 mm)
- Hydraulic Lift: 44 inches (1118 mm)
- Extension Screw: 10 inches (254 mm)
- Total Extended Height: 114 inches (2896 mm)
- Total Extended Height with 36” Leg Extension: 150 inches (3810 mm)
- Oil Pressure at Rated Capacity: 2470 psig (174 kg/sq cm)
- Safety Pop-off Valve set at: 13.2 tons (12.0 m. tons)
- Proof Load: 18 tons (16.3 m. tons)
- Reservoir Capacity: 2.5 gallons (9.5 liters)
- Hydraulic Fluid: MIL-PRF-5606 or equivalent
- Maximum Towing Speed: 5 mph (8 km/h)
- Approximate Jack Net Weight.: 725 lbs (329 kg)
Typical Aircraft Applications
- 714A Forward Fuselage - A318**, A319**, A320**, A321**, B737-100 thru -900 ** Suitable for Shoring and Gear Swing only
- 714A Aft Fuselage - B737, MRJ* * Use 3/4" Male Spherical Radius Ship Adapter (P/N 71464)
- 714A with 36” Leg Ext. Kit - Wing - ATR42, ATR72 , Dash 7, Dash 8, DHC5
- AP: Air Operated Hydraulic Pump
- GA: Load Gauge
- TH: Tow Handle
- 36LE: 36” Leg Extension Kit
- LA: Ladder/platform Kit (requires 36” leg extension kit)
- SPC: Special Paint Color (yellow is standard)
|Airbus||A318, A319, A320, A321|
|Boeing||737-100, 737-200, 737-300, 737-400, 737-500, 737-600, 737-700, 737-800, 737-900|
|Bombardier (Regional)||Dash 7, Dash 8-100, Dash 8-200, Dash 8-300|
We service the 714A and other items like it at our facility.
We'll provide you with a custom-sized pallet for your item and send it to you via LTL freight. Once you receive the pallet, strap down your item to it and attach the pre-paid shipping label. After you let us know when it's ready to go, we'll schedule the pickup from your facility. The entire process takes only a few days and makes servicing your item less expensive since we can do it directly at our facility. When we've completed the servicing, we'll ship your item back to you via LTL freight. How often should jacks be load tested?
(Statement from Tronair) Tronair recommends functional load testing of hydraulic jacks on an annual (12-month) preventative maintenance cycle. Tronair also recommends load testing any time the jack seals have been replaced.
To request service for load testing a tripod jack, please contact us at the form below or visit us at the following link to request service - Aircraft Jack Load Test. What seal kits can we replace?
We have the capability to replace the cylinder and hand pump seals on tripod jacks. Along with replacing the seals, we will provide load test certification as recommended by the manufacturer. To help with making the seal kit replacement process simple, we will help with shipping the jacks to and from our facility.
We sell parts for the 714A and other items like it at our facility. Not sure exactly what part you need? Just describe it or send us a photo and we will research it for you.
We provide short-term and long-term rentals for the 714A. We will ship the item directly to you and arrange for pickup at the end of your lease.